Seattle, WA (Hybrid)
Across every industry, businesses operate on customer and third party data. The volumes and types of data that need to be shared have grown exponentially. However, customer and partner data cleanup continues to be expensive, involving a ton of developer time, custom code, and coordination across teams.
With AI-powered data transformations, Osmos makes data ingestion easy, fast, and error-free. We help frontline teams rapidly activate customers and partners by automating the cleanup of messy data while improving incoming data quality.
Osmos is on a mission to empower implementation and operations teams to handle data ingestion as they’re the teams with the business context of this incoming data. Join us as we work to create a world where anyone can work with data regardless of technical proficiency.
We are looking for SRE/DevOps professionals who care about the people using their software and the people they work with. You are innovative, adaptable, and have strong leadership qualities allowing you to work collaboratively across teams to mentor less senior staff. To be successful at this position you must be a self-starter, take accountability, speak up, work at a quick pace, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously while keeping a good sense of humor. You must possess good verbal and written communication skills and be able to collaborate effectively with other team members. You’ll contribute ideas and provide feedback to continually improve the way we innovate.
- Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications
- Collaborate across the organization to build and evolve platform and application capabilities with the technical vision and product and business needs
- Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating for continual improvement
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large-scale distributed software applications
- Help to foster an environment of open communication, creative thinking, problem solving, and cohesive team effort
Requirements to excel in this role:
Software deployments, monitoring, and observability: designing CI/CD, observability, and monitoring systems for internal and customer needs in a way that is both scalable and cost effective. We have multi-cloud deployments with many separate tenants that need to run equally well and be equally accessible, secure, and maintainable. Our customers rely on our software as a critical part of their processes. We have a high quality bar that we are constantly striving to raise.
Security is a critical part of our mission. We have sensitive data that flows through our system that must be kept confidential. This role will include helping with SOC2/HIPAA compliance as well ensuring we are always trying to do things the right way the first time.
- Gather and analyze metrics from operating systems as well as applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service-level objectives
Experience deploying and running services and infrastructure in the cloud - some technologies we use:
- Grafana/Prometheus, Stackdriver
- Github Actions
- GCP, Azure, and AWS
Desirable, but not required skills:
- Experience with distributed systems, especially as deployed into Kubernetes
- Experience operating Postgres at scale
Our core values:
- We act with integrity: We do the right thing every time, even if it means we fail.
- We are customer obsessed: When we obsess over customers, we learn, collaborate, refine, and grow as a product and an organization, while keeping the customers happy. We never leave customers hanging.
- We take ownership and are accountable: We are a high caliber, results oriented team. We take ownership, commit, and execute with a long-term horizon in mind. We don’t leave things half-done. We take accountability and deliver to our commitments.
- We are aware of our societal impact: Our business doesn't exist in a vacuum. Our choices impact the society we live in. Shareholder value means little if our shareholders don't have a survivable planet and a stable, equitable society.
- We thrive in our diversity: We respect everyone's opinions and believe in everyone having a voice in the decisions we make - from office furniture to product strategy. If you have ideas, we want to hear it.
- We dream big, act fast. We can-do: Failure is ok. Aiming low is not. The path to success is usually one among hundreds of paths to failure. We focus on what we can do to stay on the golden path and don't let the cliffs on both sides scare us into inaction. Fail fast and try again.
- We work as a team. No superheroes: To achieve more, we work together and win together, as a team.
We provide the best-in-class benefits to ensure that you are happy, committed, and maintain a work-life balance.
- Competitive compensation: 140k-180k plus stock options
- Full health, vision, and dental benefits
- 401(k) with matching
- Paid parental leave
- Visa sponsorship and immigration support
- Dog friendly office close to downtown Seattle
- Hybrid position with flexibility to work from home
- Unlimited discretionary time off
- 13 paid holidays per year
- Quarterly team events
- Top of the line hardware
- Employee referral program
- Full freedom to learn and broaden your horizon in a fast moving environment
We are a fun team of musicians, gamers, artists, travelers, and pet lovers. We are growing rapidly and are backed by top-tier investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, CRV, Pear, Kin, and SV Angel.
Come join us! Drop us a note at email@example.com if the opportunity excites you.